I used to watch a plethora of cartoons when I was a child. I still watch but not that much. The channels like Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney were some of the best.
There were many moments throughout the cartoons where the laws of science didn’t apply and were shown just for fun. I would like to share some of them here:
- Gravity won’t work until you look down.
- You won’t die no matter from what height you jump. You will just make a hole in the ground 10 feet deep and come out of it flattened.
- Tom will never eat Jerry even if he is able to catch him.
- Bugs Bunny uses air brakes to stop a plane in mid-air.
- ACME’s special customer was Wylie Coyote.
- The bomb could never be triggered by Road Runner. It only bursts when Wylie goes to test it.
- Tom’s caretaker’s face is never shown throughout the series.
- Trains only go through the tunnel when Wylie is inside the tunnel.
- Perry the Platypus always finds a way to reach the HQ no matter where he is on the globe and returns back right on time.
- Doraemon could hold things even without fingers.
It is good not to show blood and violence in cartoons since it viewed mostly by children. So no characters were shown injured or killed in any cartoons. Then, I couldn’t understand, but now I know that gravity always works, and falling from a height will not make a hole in the ground.